Quiet morning ....

29th July 2022 (Friday)   08.00 .... It’s s drab looking start to the day but it isn’t


raining ....and should brighten up, for a wee while, soon.   Low cloud and a moderate breeze is the forecast.... with the chance of precipitation in the afternoon.    I’ll get the bike out to go to the ‘paper shop’ and Chemist.;  after another cuppa.

21.00   My word we ended up with a cracker o’ a day;  warm and sunny.... a really bonnie day for our holiday makers.   I had an enjoyable day with Alice;  getting into Methil is a bit ... well... different, with all the preparatory work  going on towards replacing the Bawbee Brig.   The first thing I did when I got to Leven was take the car through the car wash, thence to Sainsbury’s.   The problems began when I left Sainsbury’s:  traffic can’t travel south from the Sainsbury’s roundabout so I ended up going to Windygates and coming into Methil from the West.   However after a cuppa and chat at Alice’s we set off for Ivy... and Alice knew the best way to miss all the traffic and


that was via the ‘Iron Brig’.   Eventually there’s going to be a temporary bridge put in place while the present bridge, built in at the end of the 1950’s, is strengthened to cope with the weight of modern traffic.   The original ‘Bawbee brig’ was built in 1839 – 40.   A ‘bawbee’, the toll to cross the original bridge, was one pre decimal half penny.   It will be more than a year before all this remedial work is completed.

After lunch, Alice and I had a wander down to Nanna’s Seat in the afternoon;  we didn’t go onto the beach, but plenty of folk were on it....enjoying both beach and water.   It was a change for me to enjoy sitting out in the sun;  the tubes must be slowly clearing.

I know that everybody will have been wondering about the washing that got an extra rinse, or three, yesterday afternoon; I am happy to report it has dried and is about to be ironed.

According to the weather forecaster there’s a ‘high chance of precipitation’ tomorrow morning;  but ,if that is the case, it is also forecast to clear away quickly leaving us with another bonnie day... and a hot one.   I think another cuppa is required.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....