Cool easterly breeze ....

22nd July 2022 (Friday)   09.00 .... With a fresh breeze from the East there’s a


noticeable drop in the temperature this morning;  but, other than that, it’s a bonnie start to the day.   I’ve been for the paper and had a quick trip to the harbour..... where I met, and chatted too, Neil.   Everything is where it should be down there....and, though it is cool just now I imagine the air will warm up by midday.




19.00    I’ve had a bonnie if slightly lazy day... no cancel ‘lazy’;  this has been  a rest day.   It’s the same thing but it suggests that I was active yesterday.    I like that.  


I went to the surgery and had blood taken then, on the way home I went up to the Kinneuchar Station road to get some photos of poppies with the kirk in the background.   Unfortunately I only had the wee camera with me, and the light wasn’t the best, but I took a couple anyway.   I met Jacqui and friends who had been for their morning walk;  it was good to catch up with Jacqui, I haven’t seen her for a while.   The plan is to go back and get some proper poppy photos with the Canon camera tomorrow.




22.30    Although not as exciting as a Stage with mountains in it, today’s Stage (19) was ‘supposed’ to end in a bunch sprint but didn’t: every Stage of this year’s Tour has been lively.... and thrilling to watch:  much more entertaining than it was when Team Sky was boring us all to bits.  Tomorrow we have a 40 kilometre time trial....the individual cyclists go off at two minute intervals with the leader (Yellow jersey) setting off last.   All I really need to watch is the last half hour... but I suspect I’ll watch the whole lot of them. 

‘Light cloud and a moderate breeze’ is our weather forecast for tomorrow and there’s a


‘chance of precipitation’ now and again.   It’s Elie Fayre Day at the Toll green in the afternoon;  I’d like to go to that but it all depends on how busy the roads are.   Tomorrow is a ‘changeover day’ and the roads could be busy in the middle if the day.   I suppose I could take the car along... but finding a parking space will be tricky.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....