Cosy start to the morning ....

19th July 2022 (Tuesday)    07.00 ....there’s a cool light breeze from the SE just


now, but that is going to veer Westerly later in the morning... so it’s going to be hot again.... at the moment it’s 19C.   I’m havin’ breakfast then I’m going to loup intae the car and go for the paper.   It’s a nice morning, but that air is not friendly.... nonetheless, ‘ever so slight flap on’;  it’s high tide at 07.23 and I want to be at the ‘arbour then.

10.30   When I did the aforementioned ‘car louper’ I had decided to go too Pittenweem ‘arbour for a change of scene: however when I saw our own Elie ‘arbour that was it... and I spent an hour clicking happily...197 times.   I now have some photos to sort out.    I might go to Pittenweem in the evening.   It’s coffee time.

17.00   It has been another bonnie day for holiday makers enjoying the beach.  The shade temperature in the garden reached 26C;   it would be warmer out in the sun.   I had Stage 16 (Letour) to watch and enjoyed not being out in the sun;  on hot days like this I have four hours of the ‘mauchless’.   Stage 16 had another exciting ‘finish’ with the singleton breakaway winning by a comfortable margin.  


Last night I was watching the ‘wild fires’ in Spain, Portugal and other European countries and isolated fires in the UK;  today we have a property destroying ‘wild fire’ on the Southeast edge of London.   Wennington is a little village, a bit like Kinneuchar, next to an RSPB Nature Reserve (Rainham Marsh).   This brings the danger of heat waves (and climate change) much closer to home; ‘home’ being No 10. 
Apparently there are another one or two grass fires around the London area.


21.00   I went to ‘The Store’ in Ainster this morning.... before the heat of the day... and did a wee shopping.   I’m not sure what the ‘rools’ are regarding the wearing of masks but there was only one other person wearing one;  another ‘young’ man about my age.

It’s Geoff’s birthday tomorrow so ‘The Team’ are going to the 19th for a celebratory


lunch.   I’m thinking of having a wander to the beach;  I’ll see how the air is after I have a cuppa.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....