Sunny, breezy and warm ....

10th July 2022 (Sunday)     06.00 .... it’s breezier (F4) than I expected to be at


this time of morning.... ‘sunny with a moderate breeze’ is the forecast, and sunny with a moderate breeze it is.   Although breezy the air is warm;  we are going to have another warm/hot day.   I’m going ‘roond the villages’ before the roads get busy.

21.30    This has been the best (and hottest) day we’ve had for a long time.... I imagine the beach must have been busy.   Oh... I never got out on the bike:  you’re no’ goin’ to believe this:  I got the bike out and thought I’d better pump up the rear tyre;  a catastrophic idea as it turned out.  Either the connector from the pump to the valve is faulty... or the valve itself;  I suspect the pump.   Anyway I have been trying, unsuccessfully, on and off all day to inflate the tyre.    I’m going to order a new pump and inner tube after this update.   Actually I haven’t tried pumping up the front tyre.... I’ll do that and that way I’ll find out where the problem lies   I was trying to think of anyone I knew who might have a pump with a Presta valve connector... but most folks have mountain bikes.   Mountain bikes have a Schrader valve.

Jo arrived for a morning cuppa at 10.00 so the problems with the bike evaporated and we enjoyed a hour and a half chatting in The Hutte.

When Jo went orf ‘home’ to Diana’s I checked the timing of today’s Stage (9), then had another cuppa before organising lunch.   Stage 9 was won by Bob Jungels (Luxemburg)... who broke away on his own 60 kilometres from the finish.   I like when the breakaway wins.


 I have two flat tyres now; it’s the pump connector that’s the problem.  I’ve been online and found adaptors that convert Presta to Schrader;   I’ll order them after this update.

22.45   The converter bits for the bike valves have been ordered;  and I had a short walk up to the golf course to get some cool air.   It’s a lovely warm evening after a lovely warm/ hot day;  and it’s now chocolate time again after an exciting day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....