Quiet morning ....

 5th October 2023 (Thursday)     09.30.... The crock pot has been fired up


with a batch o’ Scotch Broth, George’s bucket has been put out for tomorrow morning....I have had breakfast, and now on my third cuppa of the morning; hoping for a stress free day.   The past two days were not stress free.

Yesterday began really well.... I got the car insurance sorted, and was  settling down to check FB.   I saw a photograph captioned ‘Seal on a floe .... or was it?’  Being inquisitive I ‘clicked’ on it;  and that  was it .... flashing warnings all over the computer screen.    I’d been hacked.  A small window appeared purporting to be from Microsoft Security so I clicked on that and got an 0800 number to phone;   which I did and was answered by an Indian.    That’s when I should have pulled the plug on the computer.   However, he as very  plausible so I began to follow his instructions for a few minutes... then  began to get suspicious;  especially when he began to insist that I phone the number that came up on the screen.   I phoned Iain (who, lucky for me, was at home), and gave him the number to check.  It had nothing to do with Microsoft to I pulled the plug on my ‘friendly’ Indian.   The hackers (my Indian pal) wanted me to dial that number and then be hit with a massive phone bill.   A narrow escape.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....