Early morning cloud....

3rd July 2022 (Sunday)     06.30 .... The sun is starting to break through the early


morning cloud, with a lot of blue patches beginning to drift  over from the West.    It looks like being a bonnie day....’ sunny intervals with a fresh breeze’.... might even be warm in the afternoon but not sunny Sussex temperatures.   Pollen is the problem at this time o’ year... especially on warm days.

09.00... I’ve been ‘roond the Ferry’ twice this morning:  the first time without a card in the camera.... the second time with.   I’m a happy boy.   It’s a bonnie morning but there is a touch of autumn in the early morning air!   Well maybe not quite autumn ... yet;  but it is a chilly breeze for this time of year.   I need another breakfast.

Rose Chafer.

19.30    It has been a bonnie day.... and there has been work done in the garden;  I’m tired.   The table I painted could be in situ by the middle of the week if the weather stays kind.   Mind you I suspect that I might have overdone the work and tomorrow might have to be a ‘rest day’.   Then again the weather forecast is ‘sunny intervals’ with a moderate breeze’ so I may do another wee bit to the ‘romantic corner’.... it’s a bonnie place to have my morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee.   I’ll need to varnish a couple o’ chairs... and get a sunshade for the table.  Varnishing a chair would be a restful job for tomorrow;  painting I can cope with.

21.30    After three days in Denmark the Tour is moving to France tomorrow, so a ‘rest day’ for the combatants.   Stage 4, starting from Dunkirk on Tuesday, is hilly so be more exciting to watch.   I’ll have a mix of ‘work and watch’ in the afternoon.   Depending on the weather, and how tired I am, I might go for the paper via Elie Estate;  it’s a while since I did that.

The Rose Chafer (cetonia aurata) was photographed by Janice in Uckfield (Sunny


Sussex);  it landed on Michael   It's about an inch long.   We don't have them in Sunny Scotland.... they are South of England insects... but can be found up to the Midlands (England).... we have bronze version.

I had intended going out on the bike again this evening but it’s too windy ....and cold.   That means its chocolate time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....