Cold and overcast ....

18th April 2024 (Thursday)    08.00 .... The Fife Weather cams are all showing an overcast sky: 


rain hasn't reached Fife so far, but is expected to arrive by mid morrrrrrrning...."light rain and a fresh Westerly breeze" being the forecast until later in the afternoon;  but we're going to end the day with a bonnie evening.  Hmmmmm .... I don't think I'll be painting any bits of the shed today; and that was my project to take my mind off the car.   Computer stuff it will have to be:  I'm actually in a writing mood so this might not be a wasted day.

09.00   Forget the heap oops... car (it's in the 'bad car' corner);  I'm excited because the workmen are here to begin work on the patio. They arrived a wee while ago;  unfortunately spits and spots o' rain arrived at the same time and, if  the rain is heavy and prolonged they won't be able to do much.   Showers are OK but not prolonged rain.  Must 'go' got to have another cuppa!.... I'm a 'happy boy'.

19.00   My word.... the workmen have been busy today, and so have I.   Myra took me to the garage to pick up my car;  but the mechanic didn't find anything wrong with it, so I will assume that the RAC man fixed it!  I drove the car home and had a cuppa; then phoned Alice and went to Methil, where we had a cuppa before going along to Eddy's to do some shopping.    Alice had the crock pot going with stew, and that had me droolin' as soon as I got in the front door.  Yes .... I ended up having a very tasty dinner  before heading back to Ivy.  

This has been a mixed day for me;  I'm over the moon with the patio;  it looks totally different from what I expected..... and it didn't take them long to do the area that you see in the photograph.

22.30    I'm feeling more relaxed tonight;  so relaxed that the car is no longer in the 'bad car' corner.   It's 'Crane In' tomorrow so I'll probably go to the harbour on the bike, if the weather fine .... and not too cold.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....