Quiet morrrrrrrning .....

9th July 2022 (Saturday)    06.00 ... There’s a light breeze, with fair amount of


cloud around .... however the forecast is for us to have ‘sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’, with the temperature rising to 22C.   It’s going to be a bonnie day. 

This is the start of ‘The Open’ week so the villages, indeed the whole of the East Neuk, will be busy;  this is the ‘changeover day’ with the holiday houses, so we can expect a lot of traffic.  I’ve had my ‘first’ breakfast....and will have another cuppa after this update, then go out on the bike before the roads get busy. 

08.30   I haven’t been out yet...  having been waiting for the sun to burn off the cloud;  I can see blue bits here and there now, so it should brighten up soon.   However, I haven’t been wasting time;   after breakfast I decided to check the woollie hat drawer .... and 17 woollie hats have been washed and are now hanging on the line.  I’m a happy boy....  I think it's time for morning coffee.

19.30    We can’t complain aboot the weather just now;  even I’m thinkin’ summer has arrived at last.   Actually it was too hot me going out in the afternoon, but that didn’t bother me:  I’m happy enough with the rest of the day.    I had ‘le Tour’ to keep an eye on anyway... and ‘ousework o potter about with.

The villages don’t appear to be as busy as I thought they’d be;  actually I haven’t been further than the garden today, so I don’t really know how busy the villages are;  all I do know is that Ferry Road has been busy with vehicles and they must be going somewhere.   I’ll go out on the bike tomorrow morning and do a ‘roond the villages tour’.


20.30     I have 17 clean woollie hats in the woollie hat drawer;  a good selection to choose from come the winter.   I didn’t realise I had collected so many.

What’s the plan for tomorrow?   The weather is suppose to be even better than today’s was;  that means my activities will be confined to morning and late afternoon evening.   I was thinking of trying for the beach this evening, but the breathing tubes have been iffy; so  that idea will probably have to be abandoned.   Aggravated asthma and fatigue are the worst after effects I’ve had from the virus.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....