Light rain ....

15th July 2022 (Friday)    08.30 .... it’s raining just now but it should move


away shortly to give us sunny spells with the chance of light showers for the rest of the day.   The pollen count will be ‘L’ for the early part of the day.

I must have been really tired last night;  I fell asleep about 23.30.... and woke up, feeling really refreshed, at 07.10.   Thoughts of the beach agitated the brain cell... until I looked out.   I made a cuppa.... the ‘plan’ is to watch the golf and work on the computer until the sun breaks through.

11.30    The sky is clearing so we will have a brighter afternoon.   I went for the paper and set off for the harbour, but changed my mind when I got to the bottom of Admiralty Lane.... which I promptly turned into.    I suspect going down to and back from the harbour is going to be tricky this weekend.   I might have a wander to the beach in a wee while;  most of the morning I have been on the computer and watching the golf, and I need to have some exercise.


22.30   The beach was quiet and the tide out when I went down.... but I didn’t venture onto the actual beach.   I sat on ‘Nana’s Seat’ .... enjoyed the tranquillity.... and felt privileged to live in such a place.   I reminisced for a while then bumbled back to Ivy for lunch.

It was too warm for me to do much in the afternoon but I kept my eye on The Open (on the computer), and on le Tour on the tele;  both exciting viewing.   It was sad seeing Tiger on the 18th.... Maggie and I were at St Andrews in 1995, the first time he played in The Open at St Andrews.   I remember watching him drive off the 17th tee.   That was the first year we were in the Fife Exhibition marquee.   Exciting times.

The heat wave forecast for Monday and Tuesday has been upgraded to ‘Red’ for large

.... and then the sun came out!

areas of England... and ‘Amber’ for other areas, including South West Scotland.   It’s going to be hot on Monday and Tuesday.... including at night.   40C;   was mentioned as being possible around the London area.   That is hot... and not good.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....