Another warm day ahead ....

12th July 2022 (Tuesday)     07.30 .... It’s going to be hot today.... it was 19C on


the thermometer at 07.00.   Luckily there’s a bit of ‘wind chill’ (not something I'd normally welcome),....a pleasantly brisk breeze, that will cool things down.   In fact I might go for a short wander up to the golf course after breakfast.

10.30   I did have ‘a short wander’ up to the golf course....the breeze is cool so the temperature was perfect.  I didn’t go far but took enough photos to ‘play’ with until ‘Letour’ is on the tele after lunch.   The golf course is looking good just now...I like the colours of the rough grasses and the sunburnt course.   I might go out again in the evening.   I had a restless night (too hot) so I imagine I’ll end up sound asleep in front of the tele.   It’s ‘morrrrrning coffee’ time.. after a busy and happy morning.


17.00   Stage 10 of Le Tour had everything;  a large breakaway group of 25 riders, a demonstration that held up the race (we don’t know what the demonstration was about) and an exciting finish at the top of a long climb.  With le Tour being live in the afternoons is ideal timing for in this hot weather; watching the action inside Ivy is perfect.... the temperature is  23C outside. 




19.30    The evening is turning out to be the best part of what has been a bonnie day;  warm, with a light breeze.   The afternoon was too hot.   Mind you we are lucky; the Southeast of England is going to have high temperatures (low 30’s) through to Monday.    I couldn’t be doing with that now.... though I enjoyed the summers in Cyprus....and they were in the 30’s.   I was a ‘youth’ then.   Now I’m in the ‘second flush of youth’; but it’s not as exciting as the first flush was.

21.00    I’m taking the car to have a ‘knee cap’ (the mechanic did tell me what it was...


some joint I think) replaced tomorrow so that is the mission in the morrrrrrrrning.   I shall visit Janet (sister) when that is being done, and have a cuppa and catch up with all the family news.   The afternoon will be spent indoors, watching the cycling on the TV and the Open on the computer.    Very busy few days ahead... no wonder I’m fatigued!

Apparently, the protesters that interrupted the Tour this afternoon (Stage 10) were protesting about their Government’s lack of activity re climate change.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....