Quiet morning ....

1st July 2022 (Friday)    07.30 ....We have an overcast sky just now, and the


weather forecast is ‘light rain showers and a moderate breeze’ for KY9.... but there a fresh feel to the air, it’s warm and I’m feeling excitable.   I don’t know whether to get the bike out now or later;  the sky does look showery at present.   I’ll make my mind up after I have another cuppa.

10.45   The paper has been uplifted, Alan conversed with, punnet o’ strawberries bought.... and the harbour checked.    All is good in Elie and Earlsferry this beautiful morrrrrrrrrrrrrning.   It’s now coffee time, after which I think I might go up to Chapel Green on the bike.


19.00    I couldn’t go out because the book I had ordered was being delivered today.   A specific time wasn’t mentioned (sometimes you get a two hour time slot) so I had to stay in until the delivery van arrived:  which was at 17.30.  Having had a quick, random, scan through the book (“The Lindsay's of Balcarres”;  a century of an ancient Scottish Family in photographs by Ludovic Lindsay) I am totally ‘over the moon’.  Staying in wasn’t a problem;  today we had  
Stage One of ‘le Tour’ so I was watching that, in between pottering around in Ivy.   I didn’t work in the garden because I might have missed the delivery man.   I am a happy boy;  I might go for a short wander later in the evening.

21.30    The showers haven’t moved away…. it’s raining right now… so I won’t be going


out for a daunder.   The plan is to be a bundle o’ activity tomorrow morrrrrning:  and spend the afternoon working in the garden, and watching Stage 2 of the Tour intermittently.   Stage 2 is 182 kilometers and flat, so it should be a day for the sprinters.   

Our weather forecast (for tomorrow)  is ‘nae bad’…. ‘light showers with a moderate breeze’;  much the same as today in fact.   I might spend more time watching than working.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....