Fresh morning ....

25th July 2022 (Monday)   07.30 .... The sky is starting to cloud over and the


breeze has freshened in the last hour on what is a really bonnie morning; unfortunately light rain is forecast for the middle of the day.     I watched an episode of ‘Endeavour’ until five minutes after midnight last night  (that’s late for me) and I am tired this morning.    Yesterday I was in the mood for doing ‘ousework.... and didn’t know when to stop.   Today is going to be a ‘rest’ day; having said that, I have to stay around Ivy in case I get the bike back, so I’ll end up doing stuff around Ivy to pass the time: such as falling asleep.

15.00   Well ... I have been ‘working’ but not as hard as I did yesterday;  probably more like glorified pottering about rather than ‘working’.  ‘Pottering about’ included dead heading some roses.   Then the rain came.... and has been ‘on and off’, for most of the middle part of the day so far.   The sun is trying to break through now, so we could end up with a bonnie evening.   I’ve been trying to stay awake in case I miss the door bell, if the bike bloke appears with the bike.   I won’t be staying up to watch ‘Endeavour’ tonight that’s for sure.


The West perimeter of Tom and Natalie’s garden is back to what it was when Alistair and Annie (Watson) lived in ‘Airlie’.... and that wisnae yesterday.   In those days Alistair had most of it as a vegetable garden;  and used to bring tangles up from the beach to feed the soil.   You never see that happening nowadays... it's all artificial fertiliser.

We have three fledgling robins... and they are feed themselves when 'Blob' isn't around.   As soon as he turns up they go straight into 'mooch' mode;  and he promptly feeds them.

17.00    My trusty steed is stood staunin’, ready for action in the evening.... in between rain showers.   I shall take a turn up to Chapel Green, and ‘roond the Royal Burgh’, before charging up the battery for tomorrow.    I’d go out now but there’s a threatening look to the clouds just now so I’ll have my ‘denner’ first.

21.30    Heather, Ray and Alistair are up for a short break (from near Durham) and


dropped in for a cuppa and blether.   I shall go up to Beaufort Cottage for morning coffee tomorrow.   They arrived not long after I’d got back from my trip to Chapel Green.   That reminds me;  the bike battery should be fully charged now... I’ll check it after this update.

It’s straight to bed after my chocolate tonight;  I won’t be watching ‘Endeavour’, or any other TV,  tonight that’s for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....