Bonnie morning ....

8th July 2022 (Friday)     07.00....  It’s bright and breezy, with clouds coming


over from the West that obscure the sun now and again;  however the sun should eventually burn the clouds off, to leave us with a bonnie, and warm day.   I’m going to get the bike out and go for the paper before breakfast.

08.30    Ye Gods.... it’s breezier than I expected it to be;  F4 in Largo Bay... so, with the wind chill, it’s cool.    The paper has been uplifted, had a short converse with Marcia,  the harbour given a quick visit (windy down there)... and I’m back in Ivy  the kettle ‘on’.  I think I’ll have a couple slices o’ toast and marmalade.... a sort of wee second breakfast before taking the car to the garage (Leven).  One of its knee caps is making a funny noise.

14.30   Hey... this is starting to feel like summer;  we have another cosy day to enjoy. The car needs a new joint somewhere and goes in for an op next Wednesday morrrrrrrning.    After leaving the garage I went to Sainsbury’s to do a wee top up shopping;  the checkouts were busy so I went to the Self Checkout .  With the help of a young Assistant, who was there to stop folk like me blocking up the system, I ...  she managed ‘nae bother’.  I think I could be ‘in love’.

I plan to go out on the bike in the evening, when the roads are quieter:  right now I’m thinking its cuppa time.


21.00    There was an exciting end to Stage 7 of the Tour.  The finish was at the top of an 8 kilometre climb of various gradients, the steepest part being 25% for the couple of hundred metres at the top.   Pogocar (Slovenia), the favourite to win the Tour this year (he won last year), passed Vingegaard (Denmark) in the last 5 metres.  That must have hurt.    It’s amazing how the competitors can bike up steep mountains.    ‘La Super Planche des Belles Filles’ (The bonnie lassies board) has been used a number of times as the finish to a Stage.   Stage 8 (178.3 kilometres - tomorrow) is another mountainous stage.

Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day... much the same as today; ’sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’.   I’m orf to have a browse through the TV channels.   I did think of going out on the bike but the wind has freshened in the last hour or so.   Anyway it's chocolate time.

23.00    I had a daunder up the road to catch the sunset;  “red sky at night etc,”.... it’s


going to be a bonnie day tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....