Quiet morning.....

23rd July 2022 (Saturday)    08.30 .... We have a bonnie, warm (19C) morning: 


there is a lot of harmless looking cloud around just now, which the sun might burn off to give us a ‘bright and sunny’ day.  It looks like being a good day for the Fayre on the Toll Green this afternoon.

10.00   That’s the bike taken care of;  I phoned Two Wheels in Pitscottie and they are picking the bike up tomorrow morning at 10.00.    A few years ago I’d have been able to do the job myself but for some (obscure) reason everything is trickier with electric bikes... even a simple job like changing a tyre.   Must ‘go’.... it’s nearly morning coffee time.


21.00   I always thought that much of the weight of my bike was in the battery;  it isn’t.   When I took the battery off I was surprised to discover it isn’t nearly as heavy as I expected it to be.    It’s a solidly built bike is the Raleigh Stowaway.   I also discovered that I can turn the bike upside down to repair punctures.   Messing about with the bike and doing some work in the front garden has been my exercise for today.  There’s light rain just now so I’m depending on the rain moving before I contemplate going out.

We had a hot muggy night last night and tonight is going to be the same ...according to the weather forecaster.   In fact heavy thundery showers (and thunder) could come our way overnight, but should clear away north by morning time.   There’s a crop of storms moving over from Northern Ireland towards the West coast of Scotland just now... hopefully they will stay there.

I have no plan for tomorrow;  I have to stay in until the bike is uplifted at 10.00 and also in the afternoon is case they bring it back;  though it’s more likely to be Monday before I get it back.   All will be back to normal on Monday.

The sky is looking ominous towards the West so I’m going to make the chocolate and


browse the tele Channels.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....