Lovely morning ....

20th July 2022 (Tuesday)     07.30 .... Another lovely morning, warm with a light


breeze.....it’s 20C on the garden thermometer.    I’m going to start my day with a run to the West Braes then do Elie ‘arbour, and pick up the papers, on the way home.  I had ‘Red Wasp’ (vespula rufa) in the bathroom this morning;  funny little things.  They are mini wasps that kind of fly like hoverflies, and sound like a big mosquito.   They are not rare in the UK, but are uncommon in the East of Fife.   I don’t know where the nest is, but it isn’t in Ivy garden.

10.30    I’ve had a brilliant morning, catching up with all the Pittenweem ‘news’ when I met Wullie Wood at the West Braes.   When I was walking I used to meet Wullie on the Coastal Path between Pittenweem and St Monans regularly;  so I never got to Elie ‘arbour.   I am well up to date with  Pittenweem and Ainster news though and I enjoyed meeting Wullie again.


The pool at Pittenweem had a good number of the ‘Menopausal Mermaids’ in it:  both Wullie and I would have waited until a couple of hours after high tide to give the water a wee bit o’ time to warm up.. which is the whole idea of a tidal pool.   However everyone appeared to be enjoying their refreshing ‘dook’.

20.00    I can hardly believe how tired I’ve been today;   it’s not as if I’ve been ‘working’, so I assume it’s the culmination of the past two hot days ... and hot restless nights.   I’m hoping for a decent night’s sleep tonight.  

‘The Team’ enjoyed Geoff’s birthday lunch in the 19th Hole;  good food, good company and  a good place to eat.   Our next ‘birthday’ is in December.

With the heat of the day being past I am beginning to feel brighter... but I don’t think I’ll


venture out.... unless I take a short wander up to the seat at the 17th green after I Skype ‘M’.    That reminds me;  I’d better make a cuppa before I fire up Skype.
All is good in New Zealand... well nearly;  it’s rainin’ in Otaki.   Wullie (Wood) is ‘M’s brother in law so I updated her with Wullie’s news.

I’m going to make the chocolate now, then see what I can find to watch on the tele.  Tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest’ day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....