Independence Day USA .....

4th July 2022 (Monday)  ‘Independence Day USA’.... The 246th anniversary of the day that the United States of America gained independence from British rule... and taxes!   “Happy Independence Day” to all my American friends.

07.30.... I’d like to say it’s ‘bright and breezy’ but....  it isn’t bright.   Breezy it definitely is,


but we need the sun to break through to brighten the morrrrrrrrrrrning.... and warm it up a bit.    The bike won’t be out until later;   sunny intervals are forecast for the afternoon.   It’s a computer/ Sudoku morning.... maybe even some ‘ooverin’ and dustin, (I’ve just remembered that the ‘oover is operational again).   I’m a happy boy.

09.00    My word.... it’s not ‘iggzactly’ summery out there;   I don’t think I’ll be going further then The Hutte....the beach had crossed my mind... fleetingly.   I might go up to Balcarres (in the car) in the afternoon;  right now I need an early morning coffee.... and a chocolate biscuit.   After all that I’ll loup intae the car and go for the paper.   Oh... I've played with the 'oover, it has definitely got its sook back.


14.30    I louped intae the car and set off to get the paper;  however the car was pointing North so I ended up in Kinneuchar, and eventually at the West Braes in Pittenweem;  I wanted to see the shelter now that it is finished.    I was surprised to find the West Braes car park busy, then, I remembered its holiday time.   The shelter is looking awesome... and very ‘Pittenweem’.   Love it.   I forgot the paper.

19.00    I overdid the garden work yesterday so today has been a ‘rest day’... as I suspected it would be.  Although I’m definitely getting over it, the virus slowed me down.... and then some.   What we all need is a decent spell of summer weather;  not as hot as in Sunny Sussex ....a few degrees warmer than we had today would be good.   The weather forecaster was saying that it will be warmer at the end of the week, and we should be in the low twenties which is a comfortable temperature.   I’m hungry.

20.30    The ‘plan’ for tomorrow has yet to be formulated... it really all depends on the


weather.   I’ll possibly potter around in the garden in the morning;  with Stage 4 (Dunkerque – Calais) of ‘The Tour’ in the afternoon, which I’ll watch now and again.   Orf to make the chocolate then browse the TV Channels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....