Overcast ....

31st July 2022 (Sunday)     06.30 ....Hmmmm; the sky is overcast and it does

This lorry was a surprise on a Sunday morning.

look like we could get spells of ‘light rain’, as mentioned in the weather forecast.  However it’s forecast to brighten up by midday, though there will still be the chance of showers.  There’s a cool, light breeze from the Northeast but we can look forward to a warm afternoon;  and I’m going to have another cuppa then go for a quick tour of the villages ....weather permitting.

10.15    All appears to be good in Elie and Earlsferry this morning;  but we do have a lot of visitors, going by the number of parked cars;  and I met a huge delivery lorry coming along Liberty. 

I think it’s going to be a bonnie day yet; apart from being overcast it’s a nice enough morning just now... and not cold, even with a breeze out of the Northwest.   And I remembered to go for the paper.


21.00   I have been a busy boy... at both work and play: ‘Housework’ being the ‘work part of the day, and watching the Commonwealth Games the ‘play part.    I had the rugby 7’s and track cycling to keep an eye on.   Then there was a football match for the rest of the day... (and probably for innumerable years).   The Lionesses beat Germany 2 – 1.  From what I saw it was a closely fought match that could have gone either way.   I was working in the bathroom so didn’t watch the whole game.... but I was watching when all three goals were scored funnily enough.

What am I doing tomorrow?   The best time to go biking is first thing in the morning so I’ll do that before breakfast:  then I’ll continue to ‘de mancave’ Ivy for Janice and Michael coming (11th August).   Ivy isn’t that man-cavish, but I have been using it as a ‘studio’ during the COVID crisis.  I enjoy doing the ‘work’ but it’s not as easy to do as it used to be.  

The weather forecast is good for the next few days so any washing that I need to do will


dry.   That reminds me I have an ironing to do... tomorrow.   I’m feeling tired so I’ll have the chocolate and browse the TV Channels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....