Quiet morning ....

21st July 2022 (Thursday)     06.30 ....There’s a lot of cloud but I there are blue


bits here and there, so we should have a few sunny spells later;  the  best thing is that the air is healthier.... by that I mean fresher and breathable.   I’m going to have a short walk after this update.

08.30    I am a happy boy this morning;  I’ve been down to and actually walking on the beach... the first time I have done that for many weeks.   It was magical seeing everything from the actual beach again;  oh... all is good on the beach.   I didn’t (can’t) walk far but my word I feel ... almost bright eyed and bushy tailed.   What a difference getting air right down into the bottom of the lungs makes..... even my knee didn’t feel as sore as it usually does.   I’m going to have  an ‘early morning coffee’ to celebrate the air being so fresh.


17.30   Stages 16, 17 and 18 of the  Letour (‘Tour de France) have been so exciting that I was never able to fall asleep.  Tadjec Pogacar, Jonas Vingegaard, and Wout van Ert are to blame for my lack of sleep;  as sportsmen they are out of this world.   At one point, on a descent, Pogacar hit gravel and crashed;  Vingegaard slowed down and waited until Pogacar got back on his bike and caught up (they had been racing together), shook hands then went on racing.   That’s sportsmanship.   The two of them have been neck and neck for the mountain stages.   Brilliant racing.   There are plenty other names that have been adding to the excitement, but those three have excelled.

20.45     I had a group of youths (4) knocking on the window and saying stuff... which I just put down to high spirits and booze;  however one of them came back and knocked on the door (I saw him passing the window) a few minutes later.  I didn’t answer the door;  but, I have locked up everything outside and battened down the Ivy hatches.   We need the Police van/car to circumnavigate the villages more often at this time of year..

This has been an enjoyable day and I’m hoping that tomorrow will be the same.   I’ll


know when I take my first deep breath at the gate;  if goes to the bottom of my lungs it means my tubes are clear, and the air fresh.   

Apart from going to the surgery for a blood test I have nothing planned.   Tomorrow we have Stage 19 of Letour;  it’s flat and that suits the sprinters in the teams.   Stage 20 on Saturday is the time trial followed by the finish in Paris on Sunday.    After that I can get back to my normal ‘working’ routine.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....