Pittenweem swimming pool....

20th September 2017 (Wednesday) ... 13.30    When I went along to Elie for the papers this morning, I got slightly diverted and ended up along at the old
Pittenweem tidal swimming pool.
 Pittenweem  swimming pool.    Unfortunately we have a, mostly overcast, with occasional spits and spots of rain, morning.     I must go back on a ‘bright and  sunny’ morning... this will show up the different colours of the sandstone rocks etc better.    It is an interesting spot, and would have been busy in the 1930’s , 40’s and 50’s. 


     20.30     My day has been spent pottering around Ivy... including baking a batch of wholemeal scones.    Note to self .... I must remember to freeze some of them this time;  rather than feed them to Blob and his pals.    
It has been a grey and sometimes damp day;  not a day for bumbling about outside.    The ‘cold’ that I had last night didn’t come to anything.... I must have been tired after
Solid infrastructure at Pittenweem swimming pool.
my wandering around Leven on Monday.
   
Good news re Pittenweem Swimming pool;   the Community Council are hoping to save it.... as a working pool if they can get funding.   Certainly most of the solid infrastructure is still there;  the only problem as far as I can see would be Health and Safety .... and the temperature of the water.    Wet suits overcome the temperature ... modern Health and Safety rules will be harder, and more expensive, to comply with.  A seasonal Coffee Shop, and toilets, would be very welcome I’m sure!

Transocean Prospect hasn’t travelled very far in the past 24 hours;   where she is in the English Channel is choc a bloc with vessels of all kinds .... including working fishing boats.    At this time ‘she’ is doing... they are doing because I should include the tugs, after all, they are the motive power.... 2.7 knots (3.1 mph) ... walking pace.   They
Steps cut into natural sandstone rock... Pittenweem pool.
should have more open water after they reach the Bay of Biscay.   They are off Plymouth just now.

I have an early start tomorrow morning... got to get the car along to Leven for 09.00.   The weather forecast isn’t good .... it will probably be raining when I’m walking down to Costa Coffee.    If I am to get the car back tomorrow I’ll potter around the Leven High Street shops ... something I haven’t done for a while.   That means I’ll be browsing the books in the charity shops.

Photographs : Top – Pittenweem tidal swimming pool, Middle – solid infrastructure, and Bottom – steps cut into a natural sand stone rock.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....