Sunny and warm ....

18th July 2022 (Monday)    09.00 .... we have a sunny and warm start to the


day;  it was 16C on the thermometer at 06.00.   

I’ve been to the harbour... got excited and forgot to stop at the ‘Paper Shop’ on the way home... so no paper. But I got loads of photographs at the harbour; different photographs of the same views.    I’m a happy boy... and ready for breakfast.



10.00    It’s cosy outside... 22C on the garden thermometer... 20C on the barometer (inside).  Luckily there’s a light breeze keeping us cool.... but it will be unpleasant in the Red warning area.   I’m having morrrrrning coffee before doing a wee bit o’ work;  I’m going to remove a Presta valve from the bike and it is an  awkward job.


19.00    The garden thermometer reached 26.5 late in the afternoon so ... it has been cosy.   I stayed in Ivy from 14.00 to 18.00... it was too hot for being out.    In the evening I went to Colinsburgh Filling Station to make my contribution to the oil company (BP) profits.  I put in £47 .... the most I have ever put in at one filling.  

Removing a Presta valve core ‘in situ’ i.e. on the wheel, is nigh on impossible so I’ll try to take the tube out and have another go tomorrow.... if it isn’t too hot.   I’ll order a replacement tube just in case.   I’m a happy boy playing with the bike.... but I’d be happier playing on it.

20.45    The beach would have been busy this afternoon, on what was a perfect day for being on the beach.... and it was a big beach with low tide being in the middle of the day.  It will be the same tomorrow;  well ... not ‘iggzactly’ the same but near enough.

With tomorrow forecast to be another hot day I’ll be out early in the morning.... and I’ll


try to remember the paper tomorrow.   Fortunately I still had the Sunday paper to browse this afternoon.   Tomorrow Stage 16 of Letour is on the tele in afternoon.... something to watch during the hottest time of day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....