Threat of showers ....

10th August 2021 (Tuesday)     08.30 .... It’s not the bonniest looking of drying


days, however I hung the washing out at 06.30 hoping the showers mentioned in the weather forecast miss us.... or the washing is dry-ish by midday;  the time when the showers are forecast to bubble up.   By the look of the sky I think they might be early.

I went to Elie for the paper but there was a queue so I went to the harbour.... and promptly forgot the paper:  but I did have a walk to the beach after I got back to the Ferry.


10.30    Brilliant news;   I had a phone call from the central heating firm (Wishart, Kirkcaldy) to say that my new boiler will be installed on Thursday.   I’m a happy boy.   Major ‘flap on’ now ....I’ve .... we’ve got a cupboard to empty.

Liberty.

The washing is drying ....  slowly;  now that the sunny spells are with us I am confident that the washing will be near enough dry by midday.    Janice and Michael are back from a walk up to the shops where, among other things, they bought scones.   We are now having tea and scones.

12.30   Everybody will be extremely happy to know that the washing is dry;  I might even iron it this afternoon.    The central; heating cupboard has been emptied;  and Janice and I went to the bottle bank to deposit a few bottles.    With it being a beautiful day now, Woodhaven Car Park was beginning to fill up with day trippers, as were the streets.   There’s a light  breeze so it isn’t too how.... just about right for me;  and a perfect 'drying day'.

21.00    The Central heating cupboard is ready for the engineer(s) on Thursday;    and Mike fitted new taps in the bathroom.   Fitting the new taps on the bath was a tricky job .... the sink was a dawdle.   I learnt some new words.

The London train is at Kirkcaldy at 09.44 so we have an early start tomorrow;  the past

'The Boss' is in the middle.

two weeks have passed quickly.... too quickly in fact, but in that time I have started to feel more ‘old normal’ again.... normal conversation being one of the best feelings.   I’ll miss ‘The Troops’ but Janice has given me new ideas re my diet;  a more varied taste diet.   I suppose you could say that I was in a dietary rut;  eating healthy enough food but a repetitive weekly menu.   I‘ll drop into Sainsbury’s, on the way home from Kirkcaldy, and have a browse;  this will be the first time I’ll have been in Sainsbury’s since February 2020.

We’ve been lucky with the showers;  they’ve been all around us but we never even caught the edge of one.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....