Quiet morning....

29th August 2021 (Sunday)    08.00 .... low cloud has drifted in from the North


Sea, everything is quiet and still.... and it’s warm.   I am feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed, after a good night’s sleep.   I’ll get the bike out in a wee while and go for the paper after a cuppa.    

11.30   Derek phoned to let me know that Lesley’s (my niece) Kenny passed away last night’.   Kenny had been fighting, a roller coaster battle, with COVID for the past few weeks, but, sadly, victory was not to be.   My thoughts are with Lesley, Janet and all the family and friends devastated by Kenny’s passing.  

The sad news about Kenny has ‘put my fire oot’ this mornin’ .... but I guess ‘we’ have to get up and go.   I have been for the paper, and ‘roond the villages’... all is where it should be... and looking good at Elie and Earlsferry.   It’s a quiet, peaceful kind of morning.... quite pleasant really even without the sun.   I'm going to have 'morrrrrrrrrrning coffee' then do a wee bit of work.


17.30    ‘JB’ is coming up for a holiday, arriving on the 9th September; he could arrive at any time now... because... I made up his bed today.    That’s about the only thing I have done today; that, and go for the paper.   It has been a mostly grey day though we have had a few, short, ‘nearly sunny spells’.   If the evening turns out bonnie, but it doesn’t look like it will, I’ll go out on the bike, as I did charge the bike battery.   I don’t think I’ll be tired at bedtime tonight!








19.30   It has been a nice enough evening, but I decided that I was too ‘weak’ to face the onshore breeze.    But I have put a washing on that will be ready to hang out first thing tomorrow.    Tomorrow is likely to be a repeat of today as far as the weather goes, but the breeze (from the East) is likely to be friskier and therefore drying.    I hope. 

 The work I had planned to do today will be done tomorrow;  of course, I will  take time


out for ‘play’ and cuppas.    This has been a contemplative day for me.... the sad news about Kenny has brought COVID right back to the front of my mind. Now that they are letting COVID rip, we are, more than ever, dependent on the jabs giving us vital protection.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....