Overcast and still ....

23rd August 2021 (Monday)     08.00 .... ‘Light cloud with a light breeze’ is

Sturgeon moon.

what is forecast for us today... and that is what we have;  a, quiet, colourless kind of morning.    At least it’s dry and warm, with the chance of sunny spells later in the afternoon/evening.    I’ll go for the paper later in the morning;  I had thought of going to Balcarres but I’ll leave that until a sunnier day.  





Last night we had a full moon, a Sturgeon Moon as it is being called this year;  the different North American Indian tribes had their own names for this moon, Sturgeon (Great Lakes), Harvest (Dakota), Flying Up moon (Cree), Corn Moon (Algonquin, Ojibwa), and Mountain Shadow Moon being a few: all that information came from the Cambridgeshire News. 


16.00   I had a decent ‘paper run’ this morning;  up to Kinneuchar, then back home via the estate, harbour, ‘paper shop’, Breakwater and Chapel Green.    It was a grey morning but there was a lot going on, and I got a lot of photographs that brightened up my morning... and met a lot of people who were happy to chat.

The sun has almost broken through the thin cloud layer, and we have pleasant afternoon.... bright, sunny and warm.

21.00    I had another run out on the bike.... only up to Chapel Green.   I thought the water would be like a mirror but there was just enough breeze to ripple the water.... so .... no reflection of the cliffs.    I already have loads of the cliffs reflected in the water, but .... none today.   It was a bonnie afternoon and I ended up having a long rest on Maggie’s seat.    I watched the crane deliver a part of the steel frame, (of the new ‘Chapel Green House’), to where it had to be;  it’s then bolted together like a big Meccano set.

Our weather for the next few days looks like being much the same as today’s .... ‘light

Main Street - Kinneuchar.

cloud with light winds’;   I’ll be happy with that.   I’ve no ‘plan’ for tomorrow, but I must remember to put the bike on charge after I’ve been for the paper.   The wind proof motorbike goggles I ordered have been despatched, so I would expect them to be delivered by the postie on Wednesday.

I’m well tired tonight;  it’s chocolate time then into bed with my book:  I’m travelling the ‘Silk Road’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....