Thundery showers forecast ....

9th August 2021 (Monday)    08.00 .... The sky is overcast and actually quitethreatening at the moment;  sunny spells and heavy thundery showers are forecast for the afternoon (Yellow Warning) so another day of mixed weather.   I’m looking forward to going to the 19th for lunch with the troops.... this is going to be a ‘rest day’. 



10.00    It looks like we might have to swim up to the 19th after a spell of heavy rain.... however the rain is slackening off now, with paler patches, here and there, in the general greyness of the sky.  The sun should break through in the afternoon ....!    It's a good morning or doing 'inside' work.


19.00    My word;   our lunch ‘out’, at the 19th Hole at Earlsferry was really enjoyable  .... the food, service .... and company, was excellent.   It was quiet at first (we were booked for 12.30) but soon filled up.   I suppose, under the new ‘rools’ this was the nearest to the ‘old normal’ it will be..... masks being worn when moving around the restaurant etc.  We were waiting for our sweet order when a family came in for their lunch, and I had a fleeting thought that I knew one of the men, though it was only a profile view.   Then I started thinking that I knew one of the lassies but couldn’t think from where.   Well (and this isn’t fake news) I think the lassie knew who I was and told Donald, her Dad.   When Donald turned round I instantly knew the family;  it was Donald, Anne and family, up from the ‘Borderlands’ for a holiday in The Royal Burgh.... and to visit Donald’s Mum.   Our lunch at the 19th was really enjoyable .... and surprising.   I look forward to seeing them around for the rest of this week.

Michael and Janice are away for their afternoon walk;  I should do something like that too but I’ll leave all exercise until tomorrow.

21.00   The day is ending  bright and dry so tomorrow could be a bonnie day;  and a


good drying would be handy, as I have a washing going through the machine as I type.    I’ll hang it out first thing.... there is an increasing ‘chance of precipitation’ after midday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....