Central heating ..... ....

12th August 2021 (Thursday)   07.30 .... It’s nice morning;  but not a good

Old boiler (Worcester).

date for the grouse.   

I could use a bit more of a breeze to dry the washing but the breeze is going to freshen by mid morning, so I am a happy boy.    I 'm organised for the Central heating engineer.... loads of water in containers for cuppas etc;   right now it’s breakfast time..... after I take a  photograph of the old boiler.


21.30    It is marvellous watching the Scottish Women’s Open (Golf) being played over Dumbarnie Links.   There was golf course on Dumbarnie Links nearly 200 years ago, but not on the same part of the links.  It’s hard to imagine that, pre myxomatosis (1956) the links that is now a golf course, was a rabbit warren prior to being ploughed over in the 1960’s.

This has been an eventful day for me;   the new boiler has been installed..... and..... I had a good ‘drying day’ for the towels.   I never got out on the bike, because the boys (engineers) had their workbench set up at the door;  however, I  worked on the computer, and watched golf from the London Golf Club at Brands Hatch.... until Dumbarnie came on at 18.00.  

New boiler (Baxi).

 I haven’t actually got the heating on just now, but the engineers did explain how the boiler was controlled from a small control box that I can take to any part of Ivy;  however the plan is to leave the control thingy by the BT hub, so that I don’t 'lose' it ....like I’m always ‘losing’ the phone(s):  today I mislaid both phones.

I must go out on the bike tomorrow morning;  there’s ‘golf highlights’ from Dumbarnie from 13.30 to 14.30 and probably more from Dumbarnie after that.   It’s going to be windier tomorrow, with light showers, so that should make it a real test.   The Tour of Norway (Cycling) on Sky Go in the morning so I may take a look at that.

Well I’m going to make the chocolate then have a browse of the TV channels.   I feel tired tonight.... perhaps an early night, in bed with my book, would be a better idea. 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....