Overcast and damp ....

21st August 2021 (Saturday)   07.00 ....After some light rain overnight,  the


overcast sky is starting to show some signs brightening, with paler patches here and there.  I’ll leave off going for the paper until mid morning in the hope that we have brighter weather by then.... though I expect it to be ‘mostly cloudy with the ‘chance of precipitation’, in the form of showers, or spells of light rain/drizzle, for most of the day.  I’m hoping that, by the late afternoon and we should have ‘sunny spells’.  

18.00   Well .... the sunny spells I hoped for never came our way.... in fact it has been a wet, and generally dreich afternoon;  so much so that I decided to de-frost the freezer;  something I have been meaning to do for a few weeks.   I thought I’d have a few items to dump but I only found one;   a litre container of milk.    I don’t know why I froze that ‘cos I buy my milk from the ‘paper shop’.   Anyway it was a good day for de-frosting the freezer ....a job that I am not particularly fond of.


Even yet I am hoping for a sunny spell this evening, but the sky does not look promising.   The furthest I’ve been today is up to The Hutte.   I watched a Midsomer Murder that I thought I hadn’t seen but I must have slept through the first half at one time, because I had seen the second half;  and I watched the ‘News’ now and again .... an unending mass of people trying to get flights out of Kabul Airport,.... with service men and women trying to organise a system to get the Afghans with legitimate papers through and onto planes.   It seems that half the population of Afghanistan wants to leave.    I suppose the only ‘good’  in the ‘new’ Afghanistan (and there won’t be much if they revert to pre 2001 laws)  is that there won’t be any alcohol, gambling or gaming allowed under the new regime: three things that blight our Western society.   I know that we print warnings, such as
‘drink sensibly’... be ‘gamble aware’ etc.  but,....  it looks like we don’t want people to actually read them.

20.00    We eventually had a sunny ‘sp’ (didn’t last long enough to be a ‘spell’) so I had a


quick run up to Chapel Green on the bike, for a wee bit o’ exercise.   It was spittin’ rain all the time I was out so I wasn’t out long.   There was a lot of wet stuff in the sky, and it was spittin’ rain all the time I was out so I didn’t linger.  

‘Light cloud/rain showers and a gentle breeze (Easterly)...  with a low chance of precipitation’ is our forecast for tomorrow.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....