Peaceful morning ....

27th August 2021 (Friday)    08.00 .... I’ll take the car for a run this


morning;  don’t know where but I fancy a wee change of scene.    The weather is, as was forecast;  a cloudy morning.... but the sun should break though by midday, giving us a nice afternoon and evening.   

 17.30     My ‘change of scene’ ended up being Leven High Street, (and Sainsbury’s).... neither of them exciting, but I wanted to see what the High Street looked like.   The frontage of the former Cummings shop has been ‘fenced off:  whether this is the start of something new, remains to be seen.   I’ll have to go back in a couple of weeks to find out;  apart from that the High Street is depressing.   I got the bits and pieces I wanted, then, ‘cos I was in Leven I moved on to Sainsbury’s.... that didn’t excite me either, but I did a shopping, .... so I won’t have to go to ‘The Store’ on Sunday morning.   I think that I was (subconsciously) hoping to find the ‘old normal’.... but I think that has gone forever.   The next time I’m in Leven I’ll see if  Stuart’s is ‘open’, for sit in morning coffee.


We have had a bonnie afternoon, and the evening looks promising so I may go out on the bike, having done a Soduko.... and some work in the afternoon.    (No wonder I am weary).

21.30    I had an evening run up to Chapel Green, on what was a gorgeous evening, though there was a cool onshore breeze.   The St Monans skiff, ‘Sea Queen’, was out on the bay;  and ‘Skylark’ was sailing out by the lighthouse.... it was a really peaceful evening.

The crane has been 'folded up' for the weekend the ‘Chapel Green House site, with most of the steel frame of the new build in place.    It should begin to look like a house in a few weeks. 

We’re going to have ‘more of the same’ weather tomorrow;  I might go out on the bike


early, and go for the paper by way of Elie Estate.... I haven’t done that for a wee while .... only if it isn’t too misty.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....