Grey morning ....

15th August 2021 (Sunday)     06.30 .... the sky is overcast and it looks like



we could have some light showers;  the forecast for KY9 is;  ‘light cloud with, a moderate breeze and low chance of precipitation’,.... but we should have sunny spells in the afternoon.    It’s one of those a quiet mornings with not much happening as yet,.... even the birds are silent. 

 09.30    I went for the paper in the car.... the Sunday paper is heavy;  that’s not really the reason I took the car..... I wanted to do a wee shopping at ‘The Store’.... I can’t break the habit of going at a quiet time.    Anyway.... on a Sunday morning there are always a couple of other early morning elderly shoppers, and one of them always rings the ‘I should know that man’ bells.    Today, when I saw him crossing the car park it his name came to me ..... he is John McKenzie from Pittenweem.... though I don’t think he lives in Pittenweem now.   I was leaving the car park by this time,... but I’ll catch up with him the next time I see him in ‘The Store’.

Super-yacht '777' anchored off Elie Bay.

19.30    Myra phoned after lunch to tell me that a super-yacht had appeared, and anchored off Elie Bay.    It is the ‘777’... and has been chartered by Tom Cruise (American actor) and friends to have a sail round the UK.   ‘777’ can be chartered for 538,000 Euros per week plus expenses.

I took run up to Shell Bay to get a few photos of the golfers at Dumbarnie;   however I didn’t have enough battery to go to the place i wanted to be at, but I did get some photos albeit at a distance.   There was also a heat haze and that didn’t help .... but I am happy enough with what I got.  The golf was ‘live’ on Sky Go from about 15.00 so I watched that;  the winner was Ryan O’Toole from the USA.   It was her first major win in 11 years of trying;  there was champagne all over the place at the end.... I didn’t like that;  I thought that demeaned the game of golf.   Never mind... the champagne wouldn’t be cheap.

This was going to be a ‘rest’ day, but I have been on the go, on and off, all day. 

Shell Bay woods.

 
Tomorrow is definitely going to be a ‘rest’ day.

Moan ahead.   Watching the News from Afghanistan has reminded me of Vietnam.   Bomb the place tae bits, install a puppet Leader... then wonder why it all goes wrong.   The Taliban are without doubt not the kind of Government that anyone would want but, sadly, you can’t bomb a ‘fanatical ideal’ tae bits.   It saddens me when I think of all the servicemen and women, and civilians caught in the cross fire. killed and maimed ... and we're, near enough, back where we started 20 years ago.   Moan over. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....