Breezy ....

13th August 2021 (Friday)    07.30 .... there’s frisky breeze already this


morning, and it’s to freshen, so Dumbarnie Links
will be a real test today for the ladies playing in the Scottish Open.   Showers are also mentioned in the weather forecast;  of course, they are random and might miss us.    I hope so.   We get the highlights of yesterdays play twice (morning and lunchtime) then ‘live’ from Dumbarnie from 18.00 – 19.00.   

I hope to go out on the bike sometime today;  I have a prescription to hand in, so it will be later in the morning.   Should I try to fire up the central heating?    It isn’t cauld but I should read the ‘rools’  and have a trial run.   Cuppa time.

08.00   We’ve had spits and spots o’ rain, but the sky is clearing so it looks like being a bright and breezy day .... though light showers could be a nuisance.    Oh ...  I’ve found the ‘Operational Guide’ to the boiler;  should be an interesting morning.



15.00    It hasn’t taken me all this time to set the heating, I have been doing other things;  but I am looking forward to see what happens when, and if, the heating programme that I think I set, comes on .... or doesn’t.   It’s all exciting stuff.

I haven’t been anywhere, but I have done some ‘ousework .... and had lunch.   The shelf unit that belongs to the central heating cupboard, needs to be a wee bit narrower, so I have dismantled it and will cut the shelves to length tomorrow.... and think about reassembling the unit.  I’ll now have a cuppa, before going out on the bike... if the sky disnae look threatening.

21.00   The central heating didn’t come on at the set time;  I thought I must have pressed a wrong button, then I remembered it is set to come on at 21C.... it just wasn’t cold enough.    I went for a walk and it was ‘on’ when I got back to Ivy;  it’s too hot now;  however I’ll browse and reset it all tomorrow.

I am going for a paper tomorrow... on the bike.   The weather forecast for us is; ‘sunny


intervals, with a moderate breeze and a low chance of precipitation’.   Yep... the boy will get down to the harbour tomorrow morrrrrning.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....