Cool breeze .....

1st August 2021 (Sunday)    07.30 .... we have light cloud with a light breeze


from the North this morning, with a noticeable drop in temperature.   The sun should burn off some of the cloud to give us sunny spells and a glorious drying day.   I have a washing on the line.

I’ve been for the paper but I went in the car ‘cos we were running out of milk.     After breakfast I’ll work on the Chainwalk page.... then get the bike out once the sun breaks through.

12.30     Michael and Janice are away to Dollar today, to have a walk in the hills.   Much as I like Dollar I couldn’t do the walking so I’ll get the bike out in the afternoon and have a bumble around the villages;  if it was a brighter day I’d go up to Balcarres.   Another thing I want to do is;  bring in the washing, and iron it before they get back. 

 21.00    I eventually went out on the bike late in the afternoon; it was mostly sunny, though clouds occasionally blocked the sun, and there was a cool air off the sea but it was an enjoyable run round the villages.    Its great seeing things happening all over the beaches and on the water.... even with the cool breeze.    There was a bonnie ‘light’ about so it was a ‘happy boy’ that eventually got back to Ivy.... with a few photographs to ‘play’ with.


Janice and Michael had a good trip to Dollar, where they moored the car, then walked up to Castle Campbell.   Maggie and I did Castle Campbell a few times, we walked it once, but took the car up most times.  They stopped to do wee bit of shopping on the way home and arrived back at Ivy about 16.00.

I have booked a table at The Crusoe for lunch on Wednesday....it’s a four years since I was there for lunch (with ‘M’ from NZ).   Maggie and I went there a few times.... always a good place for a few photographs.

No ‘plans’ for tomorrow:  The Troops are going to the big shopping Centre in Livingston on Tuesday.... I might bike to the top of Kincraig if the weather is good.  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....