Overcast ....

19th August 2021 (Thursday)   06.30 .... The weather is as was forecast ....


“overcast, with an Easterly breeze off the North Sea bringing with it the threat of light rain”, so, not a morning for going out to play, even if I am feeling frisky.  And I am; feeling frisky i.e.    It’s a computer and ‘ousework kind of day;   in fact, if the forecasters have got it right, tomorrow’s weather is going to be the same.... I’ll have to rein in this frisky feeling for two whole days!  I need to put the kettle on.

15.00    We’ve had a nice enough day so far.... yes, the air is cooler, but it has been dry.  I had a pleasant trip to Elie in the morning, by which time folk were enjoying the beach and Elie Water Sports dinghies were on the water, adding some colour to what was a generally grey scene at that time.    Since then we have had the sun break through now and again, giving us some decent sunny spells.   I am actually thinking of going out to the garden and loping a twig off the Doo’s bush.


21.30   I did a wee bit of serious lopping of the Doo’s bush.... the ‘broon’ bucket is already half full and it doesn’t go out until the 27th.    I think there’s room for another branch.    It looks like the doo’s have moved residence;  they will be in for a surprise if they decide to come back.    Wood Pigeons never used to be ‘garden birds’... and there’s still lots of woods around.   It simply could be that there are an awfie lot of Wood Pigeons.

Things are beginning to happen up at Chapel Green House;  there was a huge crane lifting metal beams etc onto the site today;  presumably the frame work for the building.   It is going to be one big house;  I only hope the viewing ‘platform’ doesn’t spoil the ambience and tranquillity of the Green.   

I found a way of biking along the road, at the Old Post office, this mid morning;  I tucked


myself in behind in a family (Mum Dad and small boy) heading West... almost all the way to Chapel Green in fact.   Normally at that time of day, because the streets are busier, I come home, from Elie, by way of Elie Estate.

There’s a low chance on precipitation tomorrow.... more so in the afternoon.   There should be sunny spells;  much the same as today in fact.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....