Beautiful, misty morning ....

20th August 2021 (Friday)    10.00   I’ve been for the paper, and at the


harbour.... and had a walk to the beach after ‘mooring up’ the car.    It’s mistier this morning, but the light was fantastic and the tide was out, so I just had to go to the beach.  I wasn’t the only one out enjoying the tranquil morning:  a lady was out on a paddle board ... and a few folk were walking the beach.   The sun has broken through since then and we now have a lovely morning;   I’ll get the bike out after breakfast.




16.30    We ended up with a gorgeous day and I did go out on the bike.   The Master Plan was to have my ‘morrrrrrrrning coffee’ at Chapel Green.   I did the Chapel Green bit nae bother.... only to find that I’d left the coffee in the kitchen.   It was still hot when I got back to Ivy (it was in one of those Thermos mugs) so I had my morrrrrning coffee.... but not at Chapel Green.    I met James and Jennifer at Chapel Green, they’d been for their morning walk; out to Shell Bay and back along the top of the cliffs.    We searched for, and found, one of ‘our’ oil platforms that had disappeared in the mist.


22.00  After a really enjoyable, and busy (for me) day I am well ready for bed.  Although the sky clouded over in the afternoon it remained dry;  but we can expect spells of light rain overnight and tomorrow.  It has been warm today.... and it still is;  probably means a restless night for me.   That reminds me I need to get a new bedtime book.

Thankfully I see on the News, that the airlift from Afghanistan is beginning to gather momentum.... let’s hope all those Afghans (and their families) who helped The Coalition get out.   We just don’t know how lucky we are.   I remember DP’s (Displaced Persons) from (all over) Europe coming to work on Tillygreig Farm (Aberdeenshire) in 1947 .... although, at nine years old, didn’t really know what they were going through, I knew what ‘displaced’ meant.  I hope the ‘displaced’ Afghans find a new home, with peace,

Jennifer.

happiness, and love .... wherever they eventually settle.    We can only hope that the ‘new’ political leadership, and all their followers, in Afghanistan, accept the Rights of Women and Humans Rights in general.   My word that is heavy stuff from me tonight:  I’d better get orf to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....