Cool NNE wind ...

26th August 2021 (Thursday)    09.30 .... We have ‘sunny spells with a brisk,


cool, Northerly wind’ this morning, .... I’ll go for the paper later in the morning; the air will be warmer once the sun is higher.  There’s always going to be wind chill to be factored in today, so:  I’ll begin my day with a warm job .... the ironing.

17.30    ‘ The Boy’ has been reasonably busy, on what has been a bonnie day:  the ironing was done first thing, a bit ‘ousework, then ‘morrrrning coffee before going out on the bike.  

Oh my God.... I’ve just seen the news from Afghanistan:  Is there ever going to be peace, and the hope of some kind of ‘normal life’ in that that country?   No wonder so many Afghans want to leave their homeland.   The news (from Afghanistan) continues to be updated.... it’s so sad how people, with extremist belief’s, operate.   There appears to be little hope for peace in Afghanistan.


Where was I before I switched the tele ‘on’?.... oh aye:  I went for the paper only to discover I didn’t have a mask with me, and there was a queue, so I didn’t get the paper;   but I did manage down to the harbour.   With there being a brisk breeze the sailing dinghies and wind surfers were have a great time.   On the way up from the harbour I met Barbara having her morning coffee after going round tidying up the flower tubs.   The bike battery was low, and that meant I couldn’t go home by way of the estate;  but I did manage Chapel Green.    The batter has been charged so I might go out after (another) cuppa.

21.00    It turned cold after the cloud started to roll in again off the North Sea, so I didn’t go out on the bike this evening; but I do have a fully charged battery for tomorrow.   I’ll take the car for the paper in the morning;  the wheels need turning now and again.    The biking I’ll leave until the sun has burnt off any cloud .... and the temperature is rising;  though there will be wind chill.

The news from Afghanistan is horrifying:  I just cannot fathom the mentality of people


behind such attack(s).   My thoughts are with the innocent people killed and injured, in the cowardly and barbaric act.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....