Bright and breezy ....

16th August 2021 (Monday)     08.00 .... It’s a nice, bright sunny and warm


morning, with a light breeze, and I am feeling playful after the pressure of the past few days.  At last I have the heating times and temperature to my way of liking for this time of year.   I haven’t a ‘play plan’ for today, but I must hand in a prescription sometime this morning;  so I’ll go somewhere on the bike then.  Right now it’s breakfast time.

20.30    What a glorious day we’ve had.... in fact it was so bonnie that I only did a circuit of the villages this morning;  there was stuff happening all over the place, and it was a bonnie light for the camera.   I enjoyed myself pottering round for an hour and a half.... it was relaxing.    The beach was busy as was the water, with the colourful sails of the dinghies adding their bit of brightness, to what was a bright and breezy morning.  

Mike came in just before lunch time to check the taps for drips;  and tightening a couple.    Otherwise I have had a quiet and restful day. 

 


I have been keeping an eye on the ‘News’ from Afghanistan, and really it is bad sad;   sad when you think of all the progress that has been made, over the past 20 years, to bring that country into 21st century thinking re Human Rights.... especially regarding women and girls.    Now all that 20 years of work could all be wasted, if the Taliban go back to the way it was when they were last in power, 20 years ago;  they say they won’t, but only time will tell.  And the stories coming out, from the cities now under Taliban rule, are not reassuring.

I ended up feeling one degree under today.... there was something in the air that set off my asthma, .... which is why I spent time watching the news,   Anyway I’m feeling brighter now and hope to be a bit more active tomorrow.   This morning’s run out on the bike was the only time I went anywhere.

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to make some Cottage Pies in the morning;  after I’ve been


for the paper, then go for a turn out on the bike in the afternoon .... ‘light cloud and a gentle breeze’ is the forecast and there is a chance of light rain first thing in the morning.   I’ll go for the paper in mid morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....