Charity run ....

8th August 2021 (Sunday)     08.00 .... Neil and Ken set off on their charity

Neil and Ken.

marathon distance run, just before 06.00;  the money raised is going towards enhancing the villages.    Having seen them on their way, my plan is to go out on the bike to get photographs of them on their way round;  unfortunately it’s raining just now so that mission is off, until the rain clears away.






15.00    Neil and Ken had rain for the first half of their run, but the sun broke through and it was a bonnie summer’s day when they finished at 11.25 or thereabout.  It was great seeing a crowd of folk cheering and clapping them ‘home’.   I got them on Ferry Road on their first lap, when it was “chuckin’ it doon” I was under a golfing brolly) then went out on the bike and met them coming down by Ardross Farm Shop then into Elie and Earlsferry.    Well done boys .... an amazing effort;  you are Elie and Earlsferry’s ‘Golden Boys’.


22.00    Well this has been an exciting day....seeing Neil and Ken cross the Finish line was the high point,.    The weather stopped me from getting all the photographs I had in mind, but I am happy with the photos I got.... they make a good record of the run.   The boys more than achieved their target of raising £5000 for the villages;  the latest figure I have seen is £6521..... a huge sum.  The boys will sleep well, and content tonight.   

The weather has been ‘mixed’ today.... rain early and late with a bonnie summer’s day in between.   Tomorrow is going to be sunny spells and light showers from the start;  there was a bit of red sky across the West of Fife.   Mind you they have had a load of rain  today.... so could be doing with a drying day tomorrow.    I wonder?..... will it be a drying day tomorrow?    I have a washing I could do.

We are going to the 19th for lunch tomorrow so that will take care of food for the day.   Tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest day’.   The Troops are going back to Sussex on Wednesday and Ivy will be really empty again.    We have been having different meals,


and, for me tastes;  tastes that I haven’t had for while.   Although my diet has been healthy enough but hasn’t been that exciting.   The kitchen is definitely less ‘man cave like’, and more workable again.   I must keep it that way.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....