Warm and sunny ....

2nd August 2021 (Monday)     13.30 .... There was an autumnal feel to the


early morrrrrning air today.... but he sun has burnt orf the clouds and we now have a lovely, warm, ‘go out to play’ day.   I went out early on the bike, (hence to cool morning air) .... up Ferry Road then through the estate and to Elie, and the harbour, and finally up to Chapel Green.   All is good and everything appears to be where it should be.       

I had to go up to Elie again for bread...’cos I’d forgotten to take money with me the first time I went out.   It wasn’t until I sat down in front of the  computer that I discovered  why my eyeballs felt funny when I was out;  I’d been out wearing my computer glasses.   On the way home I think I saw Susan I saw walking towards Elie.

19.00    This has been a bonnie day:  Michael and I cut back a Fuchsia bush at the back door, then Michael and Janice went for a walk to the harbour, and had an ice cream from Carol’s Shop on the way home.    While they were doing this I was busy .... I can’t remember what I was doing but I must have done something.   It has been a good ‘drying day’ so Janice did a washing, then I did the towels.


Michael and Janice went to the beach in the afternoon;  once again I was busy ..... doing something... oh I remember;  I had ‘50’ on top of my bed because I had a thundery headache.

The ‘Troops’ are going to Livingston tomorrow morning;   I intend biking to the top of Kincraig cliffs.   The weather forecast is good for tomorrow:  I’m hoping for a clear day to get some sharp  photographs.    The last time I was up there it was misty .... and awfie hot.   It’s supposed to be hot tomorrow afternoon.

20.30    My bedtime reading has been ‘Battle of St Monans’ (19th June 1548) by Leonard Low.    It’s amazing to think that there was a battle near St Monans, in which approximately 300 English combatants were slain or drowned trying to get back onboard the boats and 100 taken prisoner.... and yet locally, there is no mention made of the battle, no memorial, or anything to suggest there was a battle.   Leonard Low did a load

Common Catsear.(Hypochaeris radicata)

of research to unearth all information he could, from different sources:  unfortunately he also discovered that a boatload of Scottish records of the period, being returned to Scotland from London (Oliver Cromwell had taken them to London) sank off Newcastle in 1660 and lost.   'Battle of St Monans' is one of those books you can't put down.... a fascinating read. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....