Glorious morrrrrrrrning .....

28th August 2021 (Saturday)     14.30 ....It was that bonnie a mornin’ that I


got intae a state o’ excitement, and the paper.    I left Ivy at 07.00 and got back again at 09.15... and...  never left Elie and Earlsferry.   When I was coming away from the harbour (I’d been there for nigh on an hour)  I met James, and some other rowers, making the skiffs ready for action;  both ‘Archie’ (Elie) and ‘Sea Queen’ (St Monans) were going out.   I promptly made my way up to the seats overlooking the harbour, where I got a few photographs of the skiffs being launched and setting out across the bay.   I then made my way to Chapel Green and got a few more of them by the Beacon.    What a morning;  it was one of those especial Elie and Earlsferry mornings, and a lot of folk were out enjoying it.  I've come to the conclusion that Paddle Boarding is the way to go on mornings like this;  it looks so ‘falling apart’ and relaxing.   Work?    No I haven’t done any of that!

20.00    This afternoon I decided to a wee bit of ‘work’.... nothing strenuous , just a bit of measuring and marking out.    Tomorrow I’ll do the cutting etc.   It has been a lovely day.... in spite of the onshore breeze.... but I felt in a working mood.    I thought about going out on the bike in the evening but I still have a load of photographs from this morning to go through:  sorting them, will keep me going until bedtime.


There must be a change in the weather coming;  I have a migraine .... something I haven’t had for a while.   I’ll make a cuppa and take a couple o’ pills, .... then it will be an early night in bed with the book.

I don’t have any plan for tomorrow.   I had thought about going to the kirk service at Colinsburgh Toon Hall, but you still have to fill in a form, so I don’t think I’ll bother.   It will probably be on YouTube later on so I’ll watch it then.

I’ve had a really good and enjoyable day.... well until the migraine kicked in:  even that


won’t bother me too much ‘cos I’ll sleep it off overnight.   I’m not going to bed just yet.... I am in the middle of watching a film.

We are going to have a cloudier day tomorrow... and cooler... according to the weather forecasters.   I won’t go out early, in fact, tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest day’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....