Autumnal morning .....

4th August 2021 (Wednesday)    08.30 .... Lovely autumnal feel to the air this


morning;  brings back memories of a holiday in Austria.   I’ve been for the paper .... and down to the harbour;  I did think of doing Elie Estate but the bike battery was low.  I’ve had breakfast.... now I need another cuppa.






19.00   The weather was perfect for trip out to lunch at ‘The Crusoe’ (Lower Largo);   we had booked our table for midday,  but we weren’t the first to arrive:  it soon became obvious why.   The Staff were friendly, welcoming and cheery.... you could see by their eyes that there were smiles behind the masks.    The service was impeccable... and the food absolutely delicious.   I skipped ‘main course’ and had Caesar Salad (I’m on a diet .... again)... the chicken melted in the mouth.... I cleared the plate..   Michael and Janice had a starter followed by steak pie with vegetables and chips etc.   The sweet I had .... now it was ‘something else:  strawberries and meringue in cream, with a hint of Lemon,  one of my five a day ‘cos there was strawberries through it.... my word that was tasty.   Calories? .... there might have been a few, but nothing that a ‘boy’ on a diet couldn’t cope with.   

Janice and Mike at 'The Crusoe'.

We had a walk out on the pier then along the main street of Lower Largo;   Janice and Mike went much further than I did because I was taking photographs and ended up chatting to a couple of men who were moving furniture.   I went up to the Car Park to take some photos from there before they arrived.    We all had a very enjoyable lunch, and ‘time out’ at ‘The Crusoe’ and Lower Largo.    I’ll be back at ‘The Crusoe’.   It’s good to be getting back to doing ‘old normal’ things... though masks are worn until you get to the table.   I think there are major changes to the ‘rools’ starting on Monday (9th),  re getting back to ‘nearly old normal’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....