Cloudy ....

 

17th August 2021 (Tuesday)     08.00 .... ‘Light cloud and a moderate


breeze’ it our weather for today, after some light rain overnight;  no mention of sunny spells (or light rain), but we might get lucky and have a few sunny spells in the afternoon;  it will be pleasantly warm.   I am working in the kitchen (Cottage Pies) in the morrrrrrrning... and playing in the afternoon.

10.00    It will be 12 years ago tomorrow that Maggie died.... and.... I am still here, thanks to the support from my family and friends;  even the kitchen has lost its ‘man cave’ look, (thanks to Janice and Michael).   It, the kitchen, is still tidy .... I’ll take a photo on the 25th.  Every time I have coffee at Chapel Green I get ‘instructions’... ‘The Boss’ may not be around physically but she keeps a ‘supportive’ eye on me.... so much so that I may need to buy a new ‘oover.  


13.00    I had a successful Cottage Pie making session this morning; ending up with one Janice portion for lunch, and 4 ready meals for the freezer..... now I am ready to go out to play.... or will be after I have a cuppa.   We have a lovely afternoon, with long sunny spells and it’s warm in the sun..... I might  do a Soduko in The Hutte while having the cuppa,;  then go out on the bike.  

20.00   The garden thermometer is reading 20C at this time.... so it’s going to be a hot, and restless, in bed tonight.   I’ve been feeling much better today;  I don’t know what hit my breathing yesterday (it’s called ‘locally generated pollution’) but my breathing has been good all day today;  mind you I haven’t been out on the bike.... in fact I have only been as far as the gate, but I worked in the kitchen (Cottage Pies) and did some work around the ‘ouse....  and even in the garden, where I pulled a weed;  only a small one.

It’s a lovely evening I think I’ll get the secateurs and prune something.... that always leaves me feeling content, and it’s warm enough to potter about outside.

21.00    Prune? .... it’s going to take some  serious loping to get rid of the bush a pair


Wood Pigeons see as their ‘property'.   I started loping it a couple of months ago then they began to claim it for nesting in so I stopped.   I think I’ll have another go at it tomorrow.   It’s going to be a nice day tomorrow so I’ll go for the paper at my normal time.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....