Mostly overcast ....

30th August 2021 (Monday)    07.30 ....The sky is overcast, but.... with blue


patches here and there, so we should have sunny spells.   There’s a light Northeast breeze that will dry the washing I hung out first thing.     I’m not fond of any wind with East in it but that seems to be the prevailing wind direction now.   The prevailing wind used to be from the Southwest, as can be seen from the way trees, that are exposed to the wind, lean towards the East.   Oh well .... it should straighten them up.   We should have a bonnie afternoon... which is when I’ll go out on the bike. 

10.00    The blue patches are few and far between now.... in fact, some of the clouds passing over, have the look of the, ....’chance of precipitation’, kind.   The afternoon should be brighter.   At the moment I’m having coffee, and toast.  The breeze has freshened into a good drying wind,.... but not a very warm one.


21.30   Although not the best of ‘drying days’ the washing dried.... and has been ironed;  I may not be tired with the amount of ‘work’ done today, but I am content.    The best part of my day was when I went out with the camera in the afternoon;  I didn’t expect to  find that much going on, but I was wrong.    I met cyclists at Kinneuchar, the girls, on their horses, on the estate, cattle at Elie house, and birds, including a Curlew on the beach.   In fact I’d have been happy if the only photos I took were the ones of the girls and the ponies.... I am really chuffed with them;  but everywhere I went I got lucky.  I am a happy boy tonight:  maybe not a tired boy but definitely a happy one!

The villages are much quieter this week; however Ferry Road is busy with traffic, much as it has been for the past few months.   I hope the villages don’t revert to their pre- pandemic state in the winter, or ‘off season’ months;  when you went out and never met a soul, especially in The Ferry.   Elie was always busier than The Ferry in the ‘off season’.

Nae plan for tomorrow ....except;  I am not going to stay in bed, “just for another hour”



when I wake up:  I never catch up with myself for most of the day if I do that.   Ye Gods, it took me until after lunch to get myself into gear this morning.... and that was getting ‘up’ at 06.45.    I do wake up later in the dark mornings.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....