Fresher air ....

5th August 2021 (Thursday)    09.00....The air feels fresher this morning, and


we had a ‘red sky in the morning  etc.’.... so the weather is beginning to change.   Thundery showers are forecast from Friday morning through to Saturday morning;  but they are hit or miss.   We should have some interesting clouds around.

It’s a nice morning.... fresher with a light breeze and numerous clouds and sunny spells.   I have to stay in this morning as a Central Heating man is coming today, to see about a new Combi boiler; the boiler I have is 20 years old and definitely on the blink.... I get hot water when it (the boiler) feels like working.   When Charlie serviced it a few months ago he did say I’d a new boiler soon.   Anyway ‘Scott’ (I think it is) is coming between 11.00 and 13.00.    Autumn begins tomorrow (Midsummer’s Day is on the 22nd June so it follows that summer time is the six and a half weeks before, and after that date....13 weeks).   I work on old fashioned seasons.... and I ain’t changin’;  so, for me (and others like me) Autumn begins tomorrow.

Harvest time.

19.30    I went out in the afternoon, on the bike for some exercise;  up the Ferry Road ‘cos I’d noticed that Donald had begun to harvest the oats and I wanted some harvest photos.    When went past the phone box, away from the shelter of houses, I was surprised at how much the wind had freshened.... however it wasn’t too bad... and it wasn’t cold.   I got the photos of Donald.... then continued up to Kinneuchar kirk, then back to Elie by way of the estate.    I fancied a trip out to the harbour but ‘chickened out’ when I saw how busy the road was at The Toft.   However I did get some action shots of the folk enjoying water sports.   Nae paddle boarders out because by this time the wind was frisky....and freshening.   From the harbour I went to Chapel Green, where I got some instructions from ‘The Boss’.... and met a couple out for a walk.  We got talking (nothing new there) and I discovered that the man had been in St Margaret’s House with Sandy Reid, someone I met and started talking to 10 years or so ago, and became friendly with;  Sandy would ‘drop in’ to have a chat  when in the area.  I was shocked to find that Sandy had died suddenly a few years ago.  Sadly that explained why I hadn’t seen Sandy for a while.   The couple set off back to their car and I went  back to Chapel Green then back home.... arriving at Ivy about two minutes before the Troops came back from their day out at St Andrews.

The weather has slowly deteriorated and we have had a fairly strong breeze with occasional


light spells of blustery rain, since about 17.30.   The forecast isn’t good for tomorrow.... with a yellow warning for ‘slow moving, heavy, thundery showers, that could cause flooding’.   Oh well;  if we have a heavy shower over the Ferry, it will save me taking the car through the car wash.

‘Nae plans’ for tomorrow.... everything depends on the actual weather:  there should be interesting clouds.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....