Dreich ....


1st November 2019 (Friday)      07.00 .... Mmmmm ... it’s cauld and wet
Mmmmm .... not the perfect weather for the beach.
as per weather forecast;  a real dreich morning.     I am feeling considerably brighter than the weather and looking forward to morning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse..... then spending the rest of the day mostly working on the computer, and doing Soduko’s.    I might bake Melting Moments..... baking and sampling 'MM's is always a cheering occupation on a dreich day.



09.00   The sky to the West is showing promising changes in greyness;  could we be in for a few bright spells?   “Light rain showers and a gentle breeze” is the forecast for today.... but a bright spell would be very welcome.   I haven’t been anywhere further than the pavement when manoeuvring the bucket into its ‘ready for emptying’ position.  I’ll have another cuppa then ‘loup’ into the car and go up to Elie for the paper.... and morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee.

15.30     Ye Gods .... it has been a bleak afternoon... and it looks like being so for the rest of the day.     However the forecast for tomorrow is improving with the mention of sunny spells.  I did enjoy morning coffee with the ‘Troops’;  George was missing but he will most likely be in the state of being ‘in love’.   I had a run down to the harbour but there wasn’t much happening down there;  it’s been that kind of day.    I pottered about on the computer, had ‘50’, did a Soduko;   and not very much else.  The ‘plan’ was to go to Leven at some point but I decided to cancel that plan;   however I did go up to Colinsburgh to put fuel in the car.   That’s when I changed the ‘plan’:  when I found that it was even wetter at Colinsburgh than it was at Elie and Earlsferry.

Damp morning.
19.00    I’m not saying that it’s really really dreich just now;  but the morning was the best part of the day as far the weather went.... and it was drab.    My word it is miserable this evening:  I had to go out to put something in the bucket.    I would say that a cuppa would be a good idea but I already have one.  

‘Nae plan’ for tomorrow; the weather dictates what we, do on a daily basis (in Bonnie Scotland) at this time of year .....it is so changeable.   The forecast is not great but we should get sunny spells after a wet start to the morning.   It looks like being a good morning for staying late in bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....