Kirkcaldy Station .....

11th August 2021 (Wednesday)    07.00 ....it’s one of those quiet, late


summer, early autumn kind of mornings;  a nice morning for walking, biking or even working.    This is the morning that Michael and Janice go back home to ‘Sunny Sussex’..... though it has been a wet Sussex recently, with Sussex rivers being in flood state.   Which brings me to our weather for today.... dry in the morning with showers building in the afternoon;  much the same as yesterday in fact.

17.00     Janice and Michael will be on the Uckfield train.... in fact they won’t be that far from Uckfield;  soon to be luxuriating in the hot tub.... and enjoying  warm Sussex sunshine.   Meanwhile, back in not so sunny Fife, we have dullness and dampness.... and a low pollen count. 


We were at Kirkcaldy Station in plenty of time (25 minutes before the London train was due), at that time is was a bonnie morning, and it was pleasant sitting chatting,  on one of the platform seats.    I had the camera with me, to record the occasion ....and all the trains going through the station.  The train arrived at 09.47;   they boarded, and were safely ensconced in their seats when the train moved off  a few minutes later.   I am feeling ‘lonely’;   I might go and ‘untidy’ the kitchen.... oops .... I mean ‘tidy’ the kitchen.

As planned I went to Dysart harbour; bought a mug of coffee and scone and jam from


the Cafe, and sat had had that in the car.   It wasn’t the bonniest of days for being at Dysart but the harbour is always interesting;  as are all harbours , especially old ones with a Cafe.   I had a relaxing walk out on the middle pier, spoke to a cat that wandered past, then heard a man shouting at his dog up in Ravenscraig Park;  that wisnae very relaxing but was entertaining;  I learnt a few new words;  so, probably, did the dog.   I think the dog’s name was ‘Ubitch’.  

From Dysart I came back to Leven and did a small shopping in Sainsbury’s;   although Sainsbury’s is bigger I prefer ‘the Store’ (Anstruther).    Sainsbury’s Cafe is ‘no more’ and the area it occupied (upstairs) is going to be something else.    Anyway I bought most of the things I wanted and a couple that I fancied.    I’m orf to make some food;  mashed tautties, salami slices and peas.    Followed by a piece of one of the things I fancied in Sainsbury’s ... a Lemon Round thing.  (Cheesecake) 

Disappearing train.

21.00    Welll the grey sky is beginning to break up, and we’ve had a sunny spell;  this is good, in fact it’s better than ‘good’ it’s excellent, because I have  towels waiting to be hung out tomorrow morning first thing.

I am tired tonight;  I’ll have a shower, then the bedtime chocolate and an early night in bed.     The house is and feels, and is, empty;  but the ‘Troops’ are safely home.    I have the Central heating engineer coming tomorrow so I won’t be lonely, but I must remember to go for the paper early.... and to fill up a few containers with water to make cuppas when the water is off.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....