Bright and breezy ....

18th August 2021 (Wednesday)     08.00 .... We have a bonnie morning,  bright

Maggie at Wakehurst (2005).

and sunny (most of the time) with a moderate breeze.... there are fluffy clouds bumbling across, and they hide the sun now and again, but it should be a nice, if breezy, day, the twelfth anniversary of Maggie’s sudden passing.   I shall have a quiet morning, with coffee at Chapel Green. 







10.30   I’ve been to Elie for the paper, and Barnett’s the Baker’s for cake oops food;  I then did the harbour and came home by way of the estate.   All is good and where it should be.   The villages appeared quieter this morning, and I had no breathing problems.... the brisk breeze clears the air.

Without question the best decision I have made in recent months is to have the central heating boiler replaced;  the old one had been worrying me;   (I’ll have to find something else to ‘worry’ about now).    I feel much happier;   especially having it fitted so quickly and well before the cold weather comes in.


The bike battery is being charged so ‘morning coffee’ at Chapel’ Green will be ‘afternoon coffee’.   I’m wondering;   we can sit in at ‘arbour ‘ouse now?    Anyway the bike is being charged so I might as well have a cuppa and do a spot of loping:  I’m going to cut a few twigs aff the bush/tree that the doo’s have claimed.









19.00    It has been a beautiful afternoon;  a wee bit breezy, but pleasantly warm.   I had a quiet hour up at Chapel Green..... Maggie’s seat is sheltered from a brisk westerly wind, which is what we had today.    The beach was busy and there was a steady stream of folk going ‘roond the Chapel’ for a walk.  I imagine the villages will be quieter once the English schools go back, in a couple of weeks;  but I hope it doesn’t revert to the old days in the Ferry, when, excepting weekends, you hardly ever met anyone.   

The sky has clouded over and drizzle/light rain is forecast during the night, and  early


part of the morning.   Tomorrow is to be cloudier but we might get sunny spells by midday.    I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow .... it all depends on what weather we have.    I could look for some emulsion and have a go at painting the boiler cupboard;   it would be interesting to see how my hands would cope with handling a brush.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....