Misty start to the day....

22nd August 2021 (Sunday)   09.30 .... We had a bonnie start to the morning,


but the fog has rolled in again.... so .... it’s a lovely, albeit misty, morning now.    I went to ‘The Store’ to do a shopping.... and introduced myself to John McKenzie, who I have seen in the shop but only realised last week who the gentleman was.   John likes to get the shopping done early (as I do), before the shop gets busy.   We caught up with each other’s ‘news’, before rattling round ‘the Store’ to do the shopping.

Back in The Ferry I unloaded the car, and had a wander to the beach after parking it.   At that time (07.50) the sun had broken through the fog and we had a really atmospheric morning.   I could see the fog wasn’t far away as, by the time I was coming off the beach, it was starting to hide the sun again.   The sun should eventually win the battle, to give us ‘sunny spells’ by the afternoon.


11.00   Everybody I met this morning, when I went for the paper, has been asking where I got the black eye;  I thought it was just one of those red eyes things.   When I got back to Ivy and had a look in the mirror....it’s a proper black eye.   It was itchy for a wee while and I might have rubbed it, but I can’t remember it being sore.    Anyway I have a ‘keeker’ .... I’ll need to get the sun glasses out.


13.30    We have a gorgeous afternoon;  alas, the bike battery in being charged  so I can’t go out just now.   While I wait for the battery to fully charge, I’ll have a cuppa and do a Soduko in ‘The Hutte’.... after a busy morning.   

16.00    Heather and Alistair dropped in for a chat ....they were out for a walk after spending the morning in the garden.   We had a cuppa and a catch up chat, before they set off for Carol’s Ice Cream shop.  

I have ordered a pair of 'motor cycle padded sun glasses for when I’m out on the bike.    

I have a feeling that the wind might have something to do with the black eye I have.   On a battery assisted bike the wind (especially an East wind) does bother the eyes.    I didn’t go for an expensive name and fancy box;   all I want is something to keep the wind out of my eyes when the cold weather comes.





19.30   I've been watching the final round of the Women’s Open, played over Carnoustie Links.    Anna Nordqvist (Sweden) won with -12.... with Louise Duncan  (Scotland) winning the Smyth Salver for the best placed amateur on -7.

Tomorrow is going to be another lovely day.... with ‘light cloud and a gentle breeze’;   a good day for work and play.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....