Heavy showers ....

6th August 2021 (Friday)    07.30 ....The pollen count is low, thanks to heavy


showers  overnight.... which are forecast to continue for most of the day....however, I can see patches of ‘bloo’ in the sky, so it will bonnie, in between any showers than come our way so I might have a daunder to the beach later.... but it will be, mostly, a compute/TV day for us.    The clocks on the cooker and microwave were blinking this morning so we’ve had a power cut overnight , but we haven’t had any lightning strikes near us, so lightning wasn’t the cause.  



15.30    We’ve been lucky;  the showers have missed us so far, and we’ve had better day than was forecast:  having said that, I see that there’s a thunderstorm just off Musselburgh, with lightning.... so rain is still around.

I went up to Chapel Green on the bike but discovered that I’d forgotten to charge the bike battery, so I didn’t get up to Elie.    It should be a better day tomorrow.  


21.30     We (Janice Michael and me) have all been busy and the day has passed quickly.... so quickly that I thought it was Saturday.    The evening has brought a few showers, but no thunder claps though there has been thunder around but well out of our range (so far): Too far away to be heard.

I have been working on the blog ‘Chainwalk page’; inserting photographs and that sort of thing.   I read it through now and again and change the wording here and there, but it is more or less the same as when I first wrote it 20 years ago.

Tomorrow looks like being a brighter day .... but light showers are mentioned in the forecast.   I’ve been mixed up all day thinking this was Saturday, and that Neil  and Ken were doing their run tomorrow (which I thought was Sunday).   As the days comes to an end I have finally come to accept that this has been Friday all along!

Nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow;   the ‘Troops are going to the Ship Inn for ‘romantic’ lunch;  I


was supposed to go but couldn’t think of a place to safely park my bike;  walking is painful just now as I twisted my bad knee the other day.    Taking the car down in the middle of the day is not a good idea.   The three of us are going to the 19th for lunch on Monday.... I can manage that comfortably.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....