Damp ....

20th March 2024 (Wednesday)    08.00 .... it's misty with light drizzle coming in on a moderate


Northerly breeze;  which should clear to sunny spells in the afternoon.   I'm in a writing mood so the weather won't bother me too much.... but we're ready for a longer spell of proper Spring weather.   I've got a fully charged battery on the bike that needs to be flattened.   And I'm the boy to flatten it.... on a trip up to Balcarres,.... once the weather does settle down.

16.00   I've been a busy boy (computer) .... and even did some 'ousework ('ooverin' and dustin).  Being cold and damp, the weather is not the kind that encourages me to go out.  I got my 'Spring' COVID appointment notification this morning; 09.54 on the 11th June at the Randolph Wemyss.

I was watching the News at breakfast and was surprised to hear the Newsreader say that MP's were discussing migraines some time today.   They then cut to a couple of long term migraine sufferer's (one had suffered for 30 years, the other for 50) who talked about how migraines affected their lives.    One lady has a big water barrel kind of thing full of cold water and lowers herself into that every day.   What surprised me was the different medicine's she had.   I was diagnosed with migraine in 1948 (10 years old).  In my case I think changes in the weather tends bring on a migraine:  I take two paracetamol pills and let it run its course; and won't be buying a big water barrel.

22.30    Although I didn't go out for lunch with Calumn I have enjoyed myself.   I still can't work out why MP's were discussing migraines: it might be something to do with coping with a migraine while at work.  It will be interesting to find what it was all about.   Maybe migraine sufferers will all be issued with a big water barrel!

Strong winds with rain is forecast for our area tomorrow;  I'm only going as far as the 19th for lunch  with 'The Team so the weather won't bother me very much.  The wind is going to be from the SW so I'll be sheltered when walking round to the pub.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....