Cool and overcast ....

25th March 2024 (Monday)     08.30 .... It's cold and grey but at least it's not raining ... but


precipitation is mentioned in today's weather forecast.   In fact 'heavy rain' is expected on a brisk Easterly wind;  I'm thinkin' it's not going to be a play day... but I'm expecting 'sunny spells' before the rain arrives.  I'm visiting Alice and might do some shopping;  got to stock up before the Easter holidays.

18.30   Alice and I went to Sainsbury's to do a small shopping... and handed our watches in to have the batteries replaces at another shop.   By this time the weather had deteriorated:  the precipitation mentioned in the forecast had arrived.... and has been with us ever since.  We headed back to Alice's where Alice set about making lunch while I admired the my birthday present; and browsed a book by Alice's son in law Alex Crawford, about the Flying Flatiron Gloster Javelin.... the UK's frontline fighter plane from 1956 through to1968.   They were a common sight around the East Neuk skies flying out of Leuchars for a number of years.   I'll take photos tomorrow.......today has not been a 'camera' day.


We had a cup of coffee before I set off for home.... on roads that were seriously wet.    That reminds me:  the Balchrystie part of the recent road closure is having work done, near the Electricity Sub Station (about quarter of a mile south the junction with the A915 (Balchrystie).   There's man made pot hole without any marker cones;  that was at 13.30 so hopefully it will have been fixed by now.   I don't understand why that part of the road wasn't repaired during the long closure;  it had been in need of patching long before the closure.


22.30   I've had a busy and enjoyable day;  spoiled only by having a migraine not long after I arrived back at Ivy.   Funnily enough I remember thinking, at breakfast time, that this felt like being a migraine day.  I think tomorrow's weather is a bit mixed up and includes light rain, so I haven't  anything planned.... but I hope it isn't a migraine day!   I have a picture to hang and writing to do in the morrrrrrning;  I might go out in the car in the afternoon if the weather is reasonable.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....