Bonnie morrrrrrrrrning .....

31st March 2024 (Sunday)    08.30 .... It's a lovely morning, but there's a chilly air coming over


on a light Easterly breeze;  mind you,  the air will warm up once the sun is higher.... and we are wandering (in my case blundering) about an hour earlier, after the clock change.  Yes, I remembered to change the clocks:  I have been known to work on 'Ivy Cottage time', for two or three days now and again.    The weather forecast is good so I have a woollen wash going through the machine.   Must 'go'.... "slight flap on", puku (bless his flabbiness) is hungry.   ('Puku' - Maori for stomach).

20.00    'Sunny and warm for a whole day?..... very enjoyable indeed.   In fact I am shattered because I have done so much!  It has been the perfect day for my woollen wash (5 jerseys); they are bone dry and will be folded and put away tomorrow.   I also made a batch o' Cottage Pies for the freezer, so I shouldn't have to do that for a while.   In between jobs I took time out to go up to the golf course and get a few action shots;  and some photos of  my brother in law's dingy, converted to a planter... and a Memorial to Philip (alias 'Skipper'.... sometimes 'Skip van Winkel').


The villages are busy so didn't go out on the bike;  but might do early tomorrow morrrrrrrning.... especially if the weather is fine.   Oops .... 'light rain and  a moderate breeze' is the forecast;  in fact that's the forecast up to and including Friday.   Roll on Saturday.   I'm hoping that 'light rain' means April showers with sunny spells.  
Actually I was hoping for a few weeks of days like today!

I watched the Easter Service from Canterbury Cathedral, which was followed by The Easter Mass by Pope Francis in Rome.   In his Easter message Pope Francis said, "Peace is never made with arms, but with outstretched hands and hearts".  That is so true!   Unfortunately the World is awash with armaments of all kinds.  

22.30    My word.... a decent spell o' sunshine make a big difference to how much we enjoy ourselves. 

 In fact sunny days means we can go out and enjoy ourselves.  I'm a happy, but tired, boy at the end of a busy day.... well deserving my bedtime mug o' Horlicks.   I'll watch the New then get orf to bed with my book.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....