Fresh breeze from the SE....

9th March 2024 (Saturday)     08.30 ..... The sky is heavily overcast and we have a fresh breeze off


the North Sea.... with the occasional pot of drizzle in the wind.   It's cold but there isn't any dust.   'Blob' has been fed, and I've had a look up and down Ferry Road;  it's going to be a computer and ousework day for me.   By 'ousework I mean 'stay in and warm'..... with the kettle on standby.   I'd like a few sunny spells drift over, to brighten up what, at the moment is a drab kind o' sky.

11.30   I decided to go for the paper via the Ferry Road and the Elie road;  sort of back to the 'good old days' after the roadworks.   In fact I really went back to the 'good old days' ... I forgot the paper, but    remembered to visit the harbour!   The harbour was busy;  our local swimmers were in the water... and I though it was cold.   It is cold.... the swimmers are brave!    There was drizzle blowin' in the wind so I didn't linger and was back in Ivy by 10.30.   I doubt if I'll be out again today.

16.30    Scotland were beaten 31 - 29 by Italy in Rome;  I never like watching Scotland losing, but it was almost worth it today just to see the happy faces of the Italian team, after winning their first home game in 11 years.   I enjoyed that game.  England v Ireland is coming on so I'll make a cuppa and then settle down to watch that game.


19.00    The weather continued overcast and cold with occasional light spells of drizzle all day.... so not a day to be frolicking about outside.   I watched the Rugby and did some 'ousework, but mostly this has been a lazy day.   Light rain is going to move in overnight and be heavy tomorrow.  Heavy rain with a fresh Easterly breeze' is forecast for Sunday: Another stay in and warm day!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....